We were recently contacted by Appy Food & Drinks to review one of their new juice products. We were happily surprised when we received Appy Kids Co‘s Healthy & Delicious Tropical Juice Drinks featuring Despicable Me’s popular Minion characters. Each box consists of five pouches and each pouch contains 200ml tropical juice.
The tropical juice is made up of apples, oranges, peaches, apricots, bananas (the minion’s favourite fruit), mango and passion fruit. It does not contain sugar but a sweetener called Stevia. I loved the juice as it felt a lot healthier than most juices which are on sale. It tasted like tropical fruit flavoured water and did not taste sweet at all.
- The juice is low is sugar
- There was no added sugar, GMOs or artificial ingredients
- Fortified with vitamins A, C, & E and the mineral Calcium to aid healthy growth
- The drinks were in a pouch and was easy for the kids to hold and bring along for picnics
- The juice comes in a pack of 5 and costs just £1 which is a bargain
- Kids loved it as it had minion pictures in the front, more so, because we had just been to the cinema to watch Despicable Me 3.
- The ingredients used were all ethically sourced ingredients
- It was hard for my 4 year old to get the straw into the pouch, but we adults, did not find it difficult at all.
How much does the juice retail for?
Recommended Retail Price (RRP) will be £1 for a pack of 5.
Where can the juice be purchased from?
The new Minion drinks will hit the market in Autumn and can be purchased from Appy Kids Co’s website.
Here are the ingredients list
Water, fruit juices made from concentrates and purees (10%) (apple, orange, peach, apricot, banana), glucose-fructose syrup, acidity regulator ( citric acid), natural mango, passion fruit, apricot and banana flavours, vitamins (vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A), sweetener (steviol glycoside), colour (beta carotene).
Listed here are the nutritional information per 100ml:
Energy value 67kJ / 16kcal, Fats <0.1g (of which is from saturates <0.1g), Carbohydrates 3.7g (of which from sugar 3.6g), Fibre <0.5g, Proteins <0.1g, Salt / Sodium <0.01g. Vitamins: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 6mg (7.5% NRV*), Tocopherol (vitamin E) 0.9mg (7.5% NRV*), Retinol (vitamin A) 60μg (7.5% NRV*). *NRV: Nutrient Reference Value