In Chester and craving for Milkshakes and Crepes? Then you have come to the right place as we share our recent food review of Crepeaffaire which is located in this beautiful and historical city in Cheshire. We were invited to taste their milkshakes and crepes in return for a review post, so here’s what we thought of the place, the food and the ambiance.
We parked at the multistorey carpark (as most other public carparking spots are short stay). This was just 5 minutes walk from the main town area. The restaurant was warm and inviting with nice moody lighting. The huge heart shaped lights caught our eyes first, then the photo frame, hand drawn pictures and the old food cart which brings the cafe to life.
We were greated by Greg the store manager, ordered our food and got ourselves seated by the window so we could watch the passing crowd. The store was empty at about half ten in the morning and we expected that as it was 6 degrees Celcious and we did not think anyone would want milkshakes….but boy were we wrong. In just less than half an hour, the store started to get full with walk in customers, families with young kids as well as older people. Watch the short HD video which we have created to get a feel of the place and food.
We were told by Greg, the manager that the staff at Crepeaffaire take an hour to an hour and a half every morning to make and prepares almost all of their ingredients as well as their batter for the crepe, waffles, mini mix / pancakes and buckwheat (for those who are vegan / gluten intolerant). They do this to ensure that the customers only get the best and freshest food there.
Here is one of their staff preparing the milkshake.
Coming all the way to Crepeaffaire, we just had to try their milkshakes, our first choice was the Oreo Cookie Luxury Milkshake, which as you can see above is really indulgent! We loved it as it was not too sickly or sweet but light and refreshing.
While our second choice was the Luxury Salted Caramel Popcorn Milkshake which was totally indulgent and moreish. We were not asked if we wanted the regular size or large, so I can’t share the exact price for this but can tell you that the regular milkshake costs£3.95 while the large one costs£4.50. Here’s a photo of the ingredients / fillings used in their crepe.
We decided to order a sweet as well as a savoury crepe. Here’s a photo of our crepe being prepared for us.
Another close up photo. See the video slideshow (above) to see how the crepe is made.
Our first crepe was Superveg priced at £5.10 (it costs £4.25 for takeaway). The crepe was filled with tomato, spinach, mushroom and cheese, this is also a vegetarian option. We added a side salad dish for an extra £2.60. If you are vegan or have any sort of allery ie Gluten intollerant, you could order the Buckwheat Crepe for just £0.50 extra. We loved the superveg crepe, as it felt so healthy. There were lots of other meat option crepe available too like ham and cheese and you could create your own filling too if you wanted.
Next, we ordered the Belgian Chocolate Crepe, priced at £5.55 (£4.60 for take-away). We added vanilla ice-cream for an extra £0.50. The crepe was thin, and the chocolate flavours just right. We did not feel sick at all, and this would be the perfect snack.
What we love about the Crepeaffaire:
- If you are not into milkshakes and crepes don’t worry, there are lots of other choices like waffles, hot drinks, mini pancakes and healthy smoothies
- Their menu is quite vast, catering to normal eaters, vegans, vegetarians or those who are gluten free. So great place for a group of friends / families to hang out at anytime of the day.
- The restaurant ambiance is great with its moody lighting and quirky French music. As we sat by the window eating crepes, just just made us feel like we were in France.
- Great friendly staff. I even saw one of them chatting with a young kid and they went over to erach of the table to check on your meal.
What we did not like about the place:
- We wish we lived closer to Chester so we could enjoy eating Crepes all the time, unfortunately we will wait till the next time we head to Chester.
Where is Crepeaffaire in Chester?
34 Bridge St
Tel: 01244 340832
What are Crepeaffaire’s Opening hours?
Monday to Saturday from 8am to 9pm
Sunday from 9am to 5pm
Love free things?
Then why not join the Crepeaffaire Club by downloading their app to receive free things such as :
- Buy one get one free crepe on sign up
- Free crepe on your birthday
- Free crepe on every 10th visit
As a member, you’ll also:
- Unlock exclusive perks
- Access member-only offers and promotions
- Be the first to know (and try) all the latest Crepeaffaire news
- Order for delivery to your door
- Find your nearest Crepeaffaire store wherever you are
- Give instant feedback about your experience
Hope you enjoyed reading our blog post and seeing the photos and video. Our meal cost £27 and we felt it was worth it. Stay tuned for more reviews coming your way by following us on our social media pages.
Read more: Barlounge Review