RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) Tatton Park Flower Show is back again to Cheshire’s 1,000 acre Deer Park with a bang to celebrate the Show’s 20th Anniversary featuring an array of new content from the scary to the spectacular. Here on our blogsite, we share how you can win yourself a pair of tickets worth £55 to attend the show. If you read our review of last year’s show it would give you an idea of how many things were organised and how much there was to see and do while you were there. Avid gardeners would have the opportunity to speak to professionals and learn some tips and tricks about upkeeping their garden. If you already have a set of dream garden furniture wish list, the Tatton Park Flower show would be the perfect place for you to find it. Visitors will also have have the opportunity to purchase some rare and exotic plants from suppliers who have come from all over the UK. With lots of indoor and outdoor garden set-up, the place will be buzzing with inspiration for you to take in.
This year and for the very first time, RHS Flower Show Tatton Park invites visitors to step inside ‘The Poisonous Garden’ and discover the gruesome and deadly nature of some of the UK’s best loved plants. Daring visitors can surround themselves with peril as plants and flowers drip from the ceiling in the ‘poison tunnel’ or get lured in by pretty plants that have a hidden deadly charm, such as toxic foxgloves and Angel’s Trumpet, which if ingested causes its victim to drift into a fatal sleep. Show goers will have the chance to get dangerously close to carnivorous plants and their prey, and learn more about the myths and folklore surrounding our ancient flora.
Created by the RHS and Gold medal winning designers Warnes McGarr, the plants will be safely housed in reused shipping containers each playing host to the different treacherous and peculiar
plant subjects on display. Talks, tours and demonstrations will take place throughout the show courtesy of poisonous plant expert Michael Brown and ‘Mr Plant Geek’ Michael Perry.
Visitors will be offered a picture perfect opportunity to walk through a huge sunshine field of over 5000 Rudbeckia hirta Prairie Sun arranged in the shape of their extra-large daisy like flower. Also
known as ‘Black-Eyed Susan’, this bright yellow flower with its ray like petals and dark centre will be grown by Coventry based Baginton Nurseries.
Also new for 2018, The Flower School offers a creative, hands-on experience with an array of talks and workshops on everything floral from flower crowns to growing your own cut flower patch. Florists and nurseries will be creating seven foot high flower towers, giving show goers the opportunity to vote for their favourite on social media throughout the week. Expert advice will be on hand from local growers Flowers from the Farm and Country Baskets, and florist to the stars Simon Lycett will host an interactive floristry demonstration, inviting members of the audience to join him in creating a florally fabulous installation in celebration of all things British.
Some highlights this year includes:
*Immersive ‘Poisonous Garden’ full of deadly plants
*Sunshine field of over 5000 Rudbeckia
*NEW Flower School activity and workshop hub brimming with
*Floral talks and advice
*Birthday Party and Colourful Parade
How to win free tickets to RHS Flower Show at Tatton Park ?
Just read on to find out how. We have a pair of tickets worth £55 to give away to our blog followers. A winner will be randomly chosen and be given a pair of ticket. The Flower Show is expected to have 65,000 visitors this year with over 500 exhibitors. The Show will be held from 18 to 22 July 2018.
Terms & Condition:
* Open to residents of the United Kingdom Only
* All entries must be received by Sunday – 8 July 2018.
* All tickets are general admission and is valid for 2 people to attend RHS Tatton Park Flower Show (18 July until 22 July 2018)
* The winner will be chosen at random
* The winner will be notified via the email address. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method.
* Submission of a posting will be taken to mean acceptance of the rules and terms and conditions.
* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website
* Tickets / Prizes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
* The winner will be published on the original giveaway blog post.
* Prizes are administered separately by the team at RHS Tatton Park and Yeah Lifestyle cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfillment of prizes including non-delivery of the tickets
* Ticket terms and conditions apply.
When is the RHS Flower Show at Tatton Park?
18 to 22 July 2018
Wednesday to Saturday – 10am until 6.30pm
Sunday – 10am until 5pm
Where is Tatton Park?
Cheshire WA16 6QN
How much are the tickets?
Tickets are priced at £23 to £33.50 depending if you are RHS members or just general public and if you are buying tickets in advance. RHS members, will also be able to enter the show on Member’s day which will be on Wednesday, July 18. The public will only be able to get in from Thursday onwards. Ticket prices (at the door) cost £33.50 while RHS members get a concession as well. Don’t forget you can get your show guides for an additional £5. Each paying adult may bring two children aged under 16 free of charge – no ticket required.
To get your tickets head to their website or call 0844 995 9664.
Points to Note
- Only guide dogs or assistance dogs are allowed
- Reselling or attempting to resell RHS Flower show tickets will render them void and will result in access being denied to this and future events.
- Please be prepared to show valid photo ID, for example passport or driving licence, that matches the details on your ticket
You may also want to read this: BBC Good Food Summer Show Review