Would you like to ‘meet’ your date before you actually meet in person?
That’s the idea behind Meetchu, a new free dating app that includes voice and video calling, allowing you to ‘meet before you meet’. By talking to potential dates and gauging the level of chemistry before actually meeting, it’s hoped you’ll avoid disappointing first dates. Meetchu’s features also give you the chance to view video profiles for potential matches and to securely video and voice call without having to give out your own number. Plus, you can send messages, photos and videos to your matches with exclusive dating-related emojis. And if things don’t work out, the built-in ‘zap’ feature allows you to instantly delete sent messages and media from the other person’s phone. The app requires iOS 9.2 or later, and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Note: You must be at least 17 years old to download the application.
How does the app work?
- After downloading the app, select whether you’re interested in men or women (and you have the option to change this to ‘both’ in your settings)
- The app finds your location (you’ll need location settings turned on for this)
- Set up your profile
- Add your own photos and videos
- View video profiles and photos of singles living nearby
- Swipe through potential matches
- Voice and video call your matches securely without giving your own number
- Get to know your date before meeting
- Send photos, videos and exclusive emojis
What is available in the app and is it FREE?
Meetchu is free to use.
However, you can upgrade to the app’s premium version, with bonus features including:
- Unlimited video and voice calling time
- All emojis unlocked
- The ability to change your search location
- The chance to jump the queue and be seen first
One month subscription to the premium version is £9.99; three months is £20.97; and a six-month subscription is £29.94.
What we thought about the app
It’s easy to use and you can alter your settings whenever you want. For example, you can change the gender you’re interested in and the age range you want to be matched with.
Video and voice calling are great features, and the fact you can use these securely is an added bonus.
But probably the handiest feature is the built-in ‘zap’, which means you can delete sent messages and media from the other person’s phone – instantly.
It can only be downloaded on Apple devices, which means if you’re looking for love and only use Android technology, you’ll need to find another dating app.
Download the app and use the free promo code: https://meetchu.com/promo/FPHG
The code will give you one month’s free premium membership. Have you ever tried Meetchu? If you have, what did you think of it? Let us know in the comments!
You may also want to read the following : Discover your future via the Palmistry HD App
** Note: This is a collaborative post, a small fee was paid in exchange for a review. All views and findings are our own.