Meet before you meet with the Meetchu Dating App **

Would you like to ‘meet’ your date before you actually meet in person?

That’s the idea behind Meetchu, a new free dating app that includes voice and video calling, allowing you to ‘meet before you meet’.  By talking to potential dates and gauging the level of chemistry before actually meeting, it’s hoped you’ll avoid disappointing first dates. Meetchu’s features also give you the chance to view video profiles for potential matches and to securely video and voice call without having to give out your own number. Plus, you can send messages, photos and videos to your matches with exclusive dating-related emojis. And if things don’t work out, the built-in ‘zap’ feature allows you to instantly delete sent messages and media from the other person’s phone. The app requires iOS 9.2 or later, and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Note: You must be at least 17 years old to download the application.

Meet-before-you-meet-with-the-Meetchu-Dating-App-screenshot-1

How does the app work?

1. After downloading the app, select whether you’re interested in men or women (and you have the option to change this to ‘both’ in your settings)
  2. The app finds your location (you’ll need location settings turned on for this)
  3. Set up your profile
  4. Add your own photos and videos
  5. View video profiles and photos of singles living nearby
  6. Swipe through potential matches
  7. Voice and video call your matches securely without giving your own number
  8. Get to know your date before meeting
  9. Send photos, videos and exclusive emojisMeet-before-you-meet-with-the-Meetchu-Dating-App-screenshot-2

What is available in the app and is it FREE?

Meetchu is free to use.

However, you can upgrade to the app’s premium version, with bonus features including:

• Unlimited video and voice calling time
  • All emojis unlocked
  • The ability to change your search location
  • The chance to jump the queue and be seen first

One month subscription to the premium version is £9.99; three months is £20.97; and a six-month subscription is £29.94.

What we thought about the app

Positives

It’s easy to use and you can alter your settings whenever you want. For example, you can change the gender you’re interested in and the age range you want to be matched with.

Video and voice calling are great features, and the fact you can use these securely is an added bonus.

But probably the handiest feature is the built-in ‘zap’, which means you can delete sent messages and media from the other person’s phone – instantly.

Negatives

It can only be downloaded on Apple devices, which means if you’re looking for love and only use Android technology, you’ll need to find another dating app.

Interested?

Download the app and use the free promo code: https://meetchu.com/promo/FPHG

The code will give you one month’s free premium membership. Have you ever tried Meetchu? If you have, what did you think of it? Let us know in the comments!

Meet-before-you-meet-with-the-Meetchu-Dating-App-screenshot-3

You may also want to read the following : Discover your future via the Palmistry HD App

** Note: This is a collaborative post, a small fee was paid in exchange for a review. All views and findings are our own.

63 Comments

1. July 4, 2018 / 6:21 pm

I love the sound of the delete feature – there are so many dating apps out there these days that this really makes Meetchu stand out! x

July 4, 2018 / 7:06 pm

Absolutely Louise, that’s why we like it

2. Emma Riley
    July 5, 2018 / 9:29 am

I know there are a lot of dating apps available out there but never heard about this and this one looks like a good apps the features is so beautiful and this apps really perfect to those singles who are looking for a date.

July 5, 2018 / 9:48 am

Exactly, with such a busy lifestyle we lead, its nice to know that there are apps around to help us meet our special someone

3. July 5, 2018 / 3:43 pm

This sounds like an interesting app. Since I have been married for almost 23 years these apps weren’t around back then. I like them for people that feel the need to use them. Great review.

July 5, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Thank you Becky, yes absolutely right…how times have changed now. Its great that people still can meet each other via apps

4. Heather
    July 5, 2018 / 8:14 pm

Dating in 2018 is so different than in my single days (which wasn’t that long ago). It sounds like an amazing app for people looking to connect. Getting to know someone a little better before you meet in person is a fabulous feature of the app.

July 5, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Absolutely, things have changed now and we have to move with the time

5. Jem
    July 5, 2018 / 9:11 pm

There are so many dating apps out there right now. I’ve never used one personally, but this one looks like a good option.

July 6, 2018 / 9:01 am

Yes it is there to help others find their perfect match Jem.

6. Agnes Dela Cruz
    July 5, 2018 / 10:29 pm

There are a lot of dating sites nowadays, choosing the best one that you need can be so easy. Thanks for walking us through.

July 6, 2018 / 9:00 am

You’re welcome Agnes

7. July 5, 2018 / 11:04 pm

The Zap feature sounds really handy! I can’t keep up with all these dating apps, haha.

July 6, 2018 / 8:59 am

I know..too many at the moment Kacie..this one is for IOS users

8. July 6, 2018 / 6:49 am

I’m not sure if I like the idea of video calling partly because I have done internet dating and some of the messages you get sent are very explicit so I dread to think of what could happen on a video call. I met my fiancé online so know there are decent guys on dating sites but I still think with an app like this it’s going to be more full of guys wanting to send certain types of messages and pictures x

July 6, 2018 / 8:59 am

Yes there is a high chance you may get someone who is on a dating app for the wrong reasons, but we should not think all the guys are the same. The voice / video calling is there for people to actually see if the person is genuine or not. Imagine meeting the person in real life and realising that you were not there. This allows you to end the call immediately if you do not like what you see and can report about the person.

9. July 6, 2018 / 10:43 am

The Zap feature sounds interesting, is that if it doesn’t work out you can erase all evidence like it never happened lol! x

July 6, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Exactly Karen, its like you never met them

10. Kate
    July 6, 2018 / 1:07 pm

Video and live chats sound like they make it so much easier! At least you can spot if the person used a fake photo. Dating in the modern age is such a minefield so it’s good that apps like this help.

July 6, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Absolutely! With so many people using fake photo and ID, its nice to see the person via video before you meet them

11. July 6, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I like the idea of the zap feature. It provides some reassurance to give a video chat a go.

July 6, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Yes Erica, we think so too

12. July 6, 2018 / 4:06 pm

I have never used a dating app . I like the idea of the zap feature. I must say I have never heard of this dating app before it sounds interesting that you can chat to the person to get to know them rather than texting them 😊

July 6, 2018 / 9:39 pm

Yes especially if you want a faster response and want to see how the person responds

13. July 6, 2018 / 6:11 pm

That is smart to meet in a video chat before the first date. I think also meeting in a public place is good too. Can never be too careful.

July 6, 2018 / 9:38 pm

Yes absolutely right, we have to be wary at all times so video chat does sound like a smart idea

14. valerie christie
    July 6, 2018 / 8:38 pm

I guess that is a way to cut down on the catfishing thing . So this way you get to see the person before hand. Still, you take a risk meeting people this way, in my opinion.

July 6, 2018 / 9:08 pm

Yes we agree there is a risk in everything but at least its better than meeting them in person when you don’t know the person

15. July 7, 2018 / 6:30 am

This sounds like a great way to meet someone without handing over your phone number. Seems like it would save time and help keep you safe.

July 7, 2018 / 6:39 am

Exactly Shahla, we like apps that provide that little bit of safety net

16. Tara
    July 7, 2018 / 2:50 pm

This would be great for my single friends and family. Especially since they can delete all sent messages to the person – it didn’t say if this deletes everything they’ve also sent to you. Be mindful though, anything they have screenshot of images or somehow recorded outside the app would not be affected.

July 7, 2018 / 9:33 pm

Yes of course Tara, its always better to take precaution and only write or send things you think is safe online

17. July 7, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Another great way to meet someone. I have met my husband on a dating site and we have been married almost 13 years now.

July 7, 2018 / 9:32 pm

How wonderful for you Garf, that is a fabulous story

18. July 7, 2018 / 5:29 pm

I hate the thought of online dating, but this does sound like a good app. I would hate to go on a blind date

July 7, 2018 / 9:31 pm

Same here, I dislike blind dates totally and find them not fun at all.

19. July 7, 2018 / 9:09 pm

This sounds like a good app to weed through the guys who just want a “hook-up”. I have done my share of scrolling dating apps, but thankfully found a good guy and no longer have a need for them.

July 7, 2018 / 9:30 pm

So happy for you Aduke, you are right,this app lets you meet someone and get to know then first

20. July 8, 2018 / 2:13 am

I love that this app has the video feature so you know who you are actually going to meet. While I don’t need to worry about dating, I have a lot of friends that are and I worry about them.

July 8, 2018 / 9:00 am

Yes exactly …its always better to be safe than sorry

21. July 8, 2018 / 9:46 am

I like the idea of this feature, something I have never seen before on a dating app!

July 8, 2018 / 2:06 pm

Glad you like it Ashleigh

22. July 8, 2018 / 12:52 pm

I’m out of the dating pool as a married person. But I say anything that helps us find love is great.

July 8, 2018 / 2:05 pm

Exactly, we are the same and think any way to get people to meet safely is a great thing

23. July 8, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Seems like a great app for those looking to date. There are so many out there that I’m sure it’s hard to know what is good and what is not. Your review will help many I’m sure.

July 8, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Yes we do hope it does Tina x

24. July 8, 2018 / 3:44 pm

Ive actually never heard of this with all different kind of dating apps, thanks for sharing!

July 8, 2018 / 4:05 pm

Your welcome Kimberly, hope it helps you or someone you know

25. July 8, 2018 / 7:01 pm

Meeting first would be a great idea with this app. My sister met her husband online what seems like dozens of years ago and they’re still happily married.

July 9, 2018 / 9:10 am

Glad to hear that Terri, its great that people get to meet each other in different ways

26. Hannah Marie
    July 8, 2018 / 8:04 pm

Interesting app! Though I am not sure if I will ever use one because I am scared. haha! It is great that this app allows you to “meet” by talking and seeing through video calls.

July 9, 2018 / 9:07 am

Absolutely Hannah, I guess that’s why the app gives you a chance to speak to the person (when you are confident enough) before you meet them in person

27. July 9, 2018 / 2:20 am

I haven’t heard of this app before, but probably because I’ve been out of the dating game for 5 years now. It’s awesome to see how easily people can interact though. Thanks for sharing!

July 9, 2018 / 9:06 am

Your welcome Nicole, glad you enjoyed the read

28. July 9, 2018 / 3:02 am

This is a really interesting concept for dating, I wonder if they will get it for android soon.

July 9, 2018 / 9:05 am

We hope they do Nicole, its a good concept for sure

29. July 9, 2018 / 4:09 am

I met my husband before dating apps really became popular…but this review sounds interesting.

July 9, 2018 / 9:05 am

Thanks Athena, yes its so normal now to meet someone on a dating app as everyone is so busy now.

30. July 9, 2018 / 10:53 pm

This is a really interesting spin on a dating app! I’ve never used one before (I’m an old married fart haha!) but I bet having the video chat, etc. would help cut out a lot of the creepers who use other people’s photos on other kinds of dating apps.

July 10, 2018 / 8:55 am

Yes we totally agree Caitlin, its one step closer without the breach of your privacate space

31. July 11, 2018 / 10:35 am

My brother is looking for a girlfriend at the moment, so I will let him know about meetchu. I am sure he will like the features of the app!

July 11, 2018 / 4:09 pm

What a wonderful thing to do for your brother Lilinha

32. Laura H
    July 16, 2018 / 8:21 pm

This is a great idea so you can be sure you aren’t being catfished but I’d also be super nervous of “meeting” someone for the first time via a video call!!