The human eyes is one of the most important organs in our body and our eyesight is one of the main senses. There is a famous quote that says The Eye is the Window to The Soul and how apt this is. In this post, we share how you can take care of your eyes, your eyeglasses and your contact lenses if you are wearing one.
I have been told that adults should get their eyes tested every once in two years (especially if you have a family history of glaucoma or diabetes), while children from the ages of 4 to 18 and the elderly should get their eyes tested once a year. This is to ensure that your eyes are in good condition and if there are any sort of eye issues then this can be picked up by the optician. Here are some tips on eye care.
- Protect your eyes from UV Rays by using good quality polarised sunglasses
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits
- Exercise and live a healthy lifestyle
- Avoid smoking and avoid drinking too much alcohol, eating too much meat or food that contains fat
- If you work with computers, ensure regular breaks
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated
Eye Glasses Care
After a recent visit to the optician, I was told that our eyes tend to deteriorate from the age of 40 and many of us would then need to wear glasses either for reading or for driving. I love wearing glasses as it fits with my personality and I have a few pairs which I mix and match in the week depending on my mood and where I am headed to. If you wear glasses, here are some important tips on eyewear care.
- Always store your eyeglasses in its case when not in use to avoid scratches and misplacing them
- Never place your glasses on the front as this would scratch the glasses, always fold them and place them on the side
- Always use proper cleaning spray to help clean off the fingerprint marks, dust and oil residue off your glasses
- I have seen many people cleaning their glasses using their coat or shirt, I would recommend only to use proper lens cleaning cloth. Also, avoid cleaning the glass using a tissue or kitchen towels
Contact Lens Care
If you prefer using contact lenses because of aesthetics or convenience or then here are some important tips to follow thanks to the American Academy of Ophthalmology on lens care and how to care for your lenses.
- Remember to always wash your hands before handling contact lenses
- Remember to remove your lenses before swimming or having a shower
- Contact lenses should not be rinsed with or stored in water
- Wear and replace contact lenses according to the schedule prescribed or use daily disposable lenses
- Always remember to keep the contact lens case clean and replace it regularly
Some experts recommend that if you use contact lenses sporadically you consider using single-use daily disposable lenses. Vision Direct offers next day delivery, SMS reordering and 24-hour customer service every day so it is worth checking them out.
You may also want to read this:
** Note: This is a collaborative post.