Here’s a review questionnaire from an unfiltered view of a 7 year old…
What did you like about the book?
Enzo: I liked it because the Llama could drive a tractor and went to the beach
What was the best bit?
The best bit was when he went to the beach because that was funny
What didn’t you like about the book?
The pictures of the Llama weren’t good because it always had its eyes closed and didn’t look like the picture on the front of the book, and the boy always had his eyes open.
How did the book make you feel?
The story made me happy
Would you read the book again?
Yes I would read the book again.
What I thought about the book – The adult review!
Before even reading the book, I actually loved the illustrations by Mark Wilcox, although I think I would have liked a brighter colour pallet – but this is just personal preference (Love Todd Parr books for this reason).But I don’t feel it overly effects the final outcome of how beautifully drawn the story is. Hearing what Enzo had to say was interesting as I hadn’t really noticed the Llama, and how he wasn’t the same as on the front cover. The looseness of the illustrations and watercolour finish really works well. I think so often people write children’s books with not enough focus on the illustrations, which in my option is as important as the writing, however, I really feel they got the balance right, even if Enzo doesn’t quite agree!
How to win yourself a copy of this book?
Terms & Conditions:
* Prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable
* Open UK Wide
* All entries must be received by Sun, 11 November 2018 .
* The winner will be chosen at random
* The winner will be notified via the email address. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method.
* Submission of a posting will be taken to mean acceptance of the rules and terms and conditions.
* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website
* The winner will be published on the original giveaway blog post.
* Prizes are administered separately by the Book Author / Publisher and Yeah Lifestyle cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfillment of prizes including non-delivery of the item
How much is the book and where can I purchase a copy?
The paperback book retails on Amazon for £6.90 while a kindle copy costs £2.35 and you can purchase a copy here.
About the book
Title: Help! I’ve Lost My Llama Book
ISBN Number : 9781539670001
Approx 32 pages
You may also want to read this:
* We were given a copy of the book in return for a feature. All opinions are our own.