Here at Yeah Lifestyle we love animals, so we couldn’t resist the chance to review Adam’s Pet Portraits. We’d never previously considered getting a portrait of our cat Molly, but it sounded like a wonderful idea. Adam’s Pet Portraits is owned by Adam Bresnen, who specialises in creating handcrafted drawings and paintings of pets from photographs.
How it works
- First we made contact with Adam and gave him a short description of Molly, our elderly rescue cat
- Adam promptly replied, asking us to send photographs of Molly, and because she is a black cat, he explained it would be best to take a close-up picture of her face. He also sent a message with examples of photos and drawings to give us an idea, as well as a handy tips sheet
- Using our mobile phone’s camera, we took various pictures of Molly. But she’s a bit camera shy, so getting the right photograph proved a challenge. However, with Adam’s guidance (and Molly’s favourite treats as bribery) we got there in the end
- Just over a week later, Adam had completed the portrait and sent a message with the image
- We immediately approved it, so the next day he sent the portrait in the post and it arrived with us the following morning by special delivery
What did we think of it?
Adam was friendly throughout the process, from when we first made contact through to completion of the artwork. It was a little bit tricky getting the right photograph of Molly, but I can understand why it’s important to get a decent picture that Adam can use to create his portrait. And while our cat isn’t a fan of posing, we were over the moon with the resulting artwork. The portrait is beautiful and, most importantly, captures Molly’s personality perfectly. It’s clear Adam puts a lot of care and attention into creating his artwork, and his portraits would make ideal gifts for Christmas – or at any time of the year.
Adam’s portrait of Molly proved extra special because our elderly puss sadly died the day after the artwork arrived. So although we miss having our feline friend around, we now have a stunning tribute to her that will take pride of place in our house. Thank you, Adam.
How much does it cost?
The price of a pet portrait depends on the size, media and number of animals to be included in the artwork. Prices start at £80 for a small pastel portrait and go up to £1,900 for an epic oil painting on a huge 1m x 1m stretched linen canvas. Adam’s website includes an online price calculator to provide a quote based on specific portrait requirements.
Adam Bresnen is an artist based near Liverpool who graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2008 with a degree in fine art. Since then he’s been developing his skills in portraiture alongside a passion for drawing and painting animals.
Adam is an animal portrait artist who specialises in creating handcrafted drawings and paintings of pets from photographs. His pet portraits are available in a wide range of sizes and in different media. And although he is based in the UK, his portraits can be shipped worldwide.
Adam is mostly asked to do dog portraits but is happy to do a portrait of any pet. It’s also possible to have more than one pet in the same piece of artwork.
Adam is now taking bookings for Christmas orders but spaces are limited because of high demand. Christmas gift orders must be made by Monday 10th December, 2018, but don’t worry if you miss the deadline because Adam is happy to send your portrait in the new year.
You may also want to read this:
** This is a collaborative post. All opinions are our own.