We are so excited as something exciting is about to happen this Christmas at Victoria Hall in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. Carrot Productions are offering the opportunity for you to experience the film in a truly unique way….. a live, professional orchestra playing the original score along to the film shown on a large screen. In just 3 simple words – Big Screen. Iconic Film. World Class Musicians. Families will be able to experience the magic of The Snowman in a whole new way this Christmas. Suitable for all ages 3+, the show will also offer other festive treats – including a brand new animated film with orchestral accompaniment, A Donkey’s Tale, and a fun introduction to the orchestra – it makes the perfect winter outing for all the family.
The Snowman experience offers much more than a viewing of the beloved movie, itself made extra vivid by the presence of live musicians: a professional orchestra and a young soloist performing the famous Walking in the Air song. The programme also includes a second animation, specially commissioned by Carrot Productions. This year some venues (including Victoria Hall) will be treated to a world exclusive in the form of A Donkey’s Tale. This heart-warming story of Dillon the Donkey, an ordinary donkey with an extraordinary dream that takes him on a journey that will change his life, has been specially written and composed by Daniel Whibley.
Other key elements which make these Carrot Production’s events so popular with parents include:
• The orchestra drawn from some of the top musicians in the country, many of whom are members of such orchestras as The Hallé and the BBC Philharmonic
• Every performance features a young soloist local to the area singing the haunting Walking in the Air solo which lies at the heart of the Snowman. Auditions are held in the Autumn, with local Music Hubs and Cathedral Choirmasters helping to find suitable soloists to take up this superb performance opportunity.
• A rousing Christmas overture
• A fun introduction to the orchestra
• A visit from the organisation’s very own snowman!
The Snowman also includes A Donkey’s Tale by Daniel Whibley and the programme includes the following:
Festive Overture (4 mins)
The Sleigh Ride (6 mins)
A Donkey’s Tale (15 mins)
Snowman Waltz (2 mins)
The Snowman (26 minutes)
When is The Snowman Showing?
It will be shown on Monday, 17 December 2018 at 7pm
How much are the tickets and how do I book them?
Tickets are priced at £19.15 and there will be a £3.65 transaction fee. You can call 0844 871 7649 or book online on their website here.
Here is a sneak peek video of what you can expect when you go and see The Snowman
Where is Victoria Hall ?
- Victoria Hall is situated in Stoke-on-Trent City Centre (Hanley), easily accessible from the M6, junctions 15 and 16, and from the A50. Follow the prominent brown tourism signs for the Cultural Quarter and then Theatres. Ample secure parking nearby (£1 evenings).
- The Victoria Hall is situated next to the city centre bus station.
- Stoke-on-Trent railway station is a 10-minute bus ride or taxi drive away.
You may also want to read this: