It is the first day of spring today which only means once all the cold and snow goes away, we will be doing a lot more outdoor style activities such as walking, climbing, running as well as indoor sport activities. We were contacted to feature two socks from SockShop on our website, the first, Blue Guard which is an outdoor durable long wearing socks while the second was Storm Bloc Socks which is ideal for outdoor activities or running.
Our first review is for Storm Bloc, a sock ideal for strenuous outdoor activities, perfectly versatile and long-lasting. In fact, we were told that this sock which is known as one of the toughest running socks on the market has a lifetime guarantee. It came in 3 colours, pink, grey and purple and the height of the sock was just above the ankle so perfect to be worn with trainers. It material was soft and really comfy, giving the feet almost cushion like feel to it.
What’s great about the Storm Bloc socks?
- It has reinforced toe seam and arch support for the feet
- It has extended heel
- The socks have breathable panels hence perfect for running or walking in them, reducing sweat
- The socks has a lifetime guarantee against holes, just remember to keep your proof of purchase
- It comes with terry cushioning so its super comfy as well
- It uses anti-abrasion yarn
How much does the Storm Block sock cost?
The Storm Block socks can cost anywhere from £4.99 to £15.99, depending on the design and pattern.
These BlueGuard cotton socks are really comfy when worn and is abrasion resistant. This is a high sock hence also perfect to wear with walking boots or wellies. We found out that it has 8 times more polymer strength compared to any normal socks and is scientifically proven to last 46 times more durable than a standard sport socks. Made from 63% cotton this sock also comes with a lifetime guarantee. The sock is sold in two colours navy and black, ours is Black.
What’s great about Blue Guard socks?
- They have a lifetime guarantee so if you wear a hole in them, just return it with your proof of purchase and they will send you a brand new one.
- The socks are abrasion resistant and very comfortable, the feet felt very snuggly
- The sock has been tested in the lab and it has undergone 425,000 cycles, hence more durable and makes your money stretch
- With the nights drawing in and temperatures dropping, we found these socks perfect for keeping our feet nice and warm as well.
- Great Arc Support and it has extended heel as well
How much does the BlueGuard Socks cost?
These socks cost £9.99 for a pair
Both the socks were soft on the feet and super comfy, I used the Blue Guard sock outside in the snow (-3 degrees and it kept my feet nice and warm too). I ordered the sock for UK size 4-8 and the fit was perfect, I expected it to be much bigger but it was not. The materials were also of high quality. I plan to use the Blue Guard socks for long distance walking and the Storm Block socks when I do my indoor exercise as the height of the sock is perfect to wear with my trainers. Totally love both the sock and can’t think of anything negative to say about it. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality sock, Blue Guard also do thermal socks, so worth checking that out.
* We were given these socks in exchange for a review. All opinions are our own.